Monday, May 12, 2008

Mama Ya






On Sunday my project published, which was really cool. Overall I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out. My project was about a woman who mentors young women, and occasionally men, in our community. Her students call her Mama Ya, and she ends up being a parental figure for many of them. I really admire how freely she gives of her time and limited resources to try and guide as many of these kids as she can.

These are the photos that published with it. . . though not necessarily in that order. You can also check out the soundslides at:

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/community/index.ssf/2008/05/mamaya_community_mom_teaches_l.html

I hope you all enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed working on it. . . which, come to think of it, I probably will continue to do.

Nothing is ever finished.

1 comment:

Justin Cook said...

nices moments, nice seeing :) good stuff Katie.